Sims Relations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sims Relations
Sims Relations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» A Fathers Love
Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:13 am by kayyield

» EA's Create A Sim Contest
Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:26 pm by kayyield

» Nightingale Resort
Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:55 pm by JourneyG

» Sky Legacy
Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:15 pm by Spiderg1rl

» ★Sarah3120's Stars & Fictional Characters★ *MOVES TO BLOG*
Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:52 am by Sarah3120

» The Oakly Legacy♥
Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

» Whos your Sim?
Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

» What are you working on?
Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:06 pm by Spiderg1rl

» ♥ Ellide's Sims ♥
Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 138 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sims Relations on your social bookmarking website

Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain

Go down

Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain Empty Creating World Boundaries Without Using Distant Terrain

Post  Gouka Mon May 09, 2011 12:35 am

I just found out why my world boundaries (the ocean behind my world that shouldn't be visible because it's not an island) are still viewable in the exported world and how to fix it.

So, I knew that the distant terrain available in CAW is made to work with the largest maps and doesn't really look good with smaller ones (although I find the Terrain Distant South to be passable). And I knew that world boundaries can be created by sculpting your own mountains around the edge of the world and then painting them with camera non-routable paint (with a layer of sim non-routable paint within that so that your sims don't try to walk where you can't see). I had done this in my world, but when I exported it and viewed it in a live game (since EIG doesn't show it properly anyway), I could still see all of the water behind my world and mountains... and it's not an island!

Turns out, you need to paint about 2 chunks around the border with camera non-routable paint to really keep the camera from being able to see there, I'm assuming because it goes to the edge of the paint with the center of your screen so the edges get to see past it. Btw, you can view the chunks of the world by selecting View > Show Chunk Boundaries.

Since I'm only using a small (or is it medium? *shrugs*) size world, I don't really have 2 chunks of free space to give to the paint. I did some experimenting, and I can get away with 1.5 chunks painted around the edges I really don't want people to see past and then using some creative sculpting around the edges where I can't give up that much space. I don't think less than 1 chunk of camera non-routing paint would be effective.

I hope this helps someone figure out why they can still see ocean that they've painted non-visible. And when starting a world, it might be good to mark off where the 2 chunk boundary line is so that nothing gets placed there.

Here's the link to the thread that finally helped me solve this problem. I don't think it's an often-discussed issue as I had to search for about 30 mins or more before finding this solution.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/363844.page
Gouka
Gouka

http://magicallysimlicious.com

Back to top Go down