Sims Relations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sims Relations
Sims Relations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» A Fathers Love
Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:13 am by kayyield

» EA's Create A Sim Contest
Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:26 pm by kayyield

» Nightingale Resort
Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:55 pm by JourneyG

» Sky Legacy
Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:15 pm by Spiderg1rl

» ★Sarah3120's Stars & Fictional Characters★ *MOVES TO BLOG*
Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:52 am by Sarah3120

» The Oakly Legacy♥
Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

» Whos your Sim?
Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

» What are you working on?
Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:06 pm by Spiderg1rl

» ♥ Ellide's Sims ♥
Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 138 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sims Relations on your social bookmarking website

Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World

Go down

Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World Empty Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World

Post  Gouka Mon May 09, 2011 1:31 am

Welcome to Serenity Point!

Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World Screenshot-216

World Blog: http://magically-simlicious.blogspot.com/

World Site: http://magicallysimlicious.com/world.htm

This world (currently a work in progress) is an eclectic seaside town with only 10x10 homes and, when possible without using CC, 10x10 community lots. I know the idea seems a little strange, but you might find that you fall in love with these adorable little lots just like I have. If not having a large houses is a deal breaker, you can use the in game world editor to place a larger lot. Empty land has been left for expansion.

There are several different neighborhoods to allow the homes to be grouped with similar designs. There is are Japanese and Chinese style homes on the cliff near the lighthouse. There is a creepy foggy hill with gothic homes (and eventually the cemetery). There are modern, traditional manor and dilapidated neighborhoods in the town itself. There is the stereotypical suburban neighborhood complete with stadium and sports bar. One of my favorite areas is the boardwalk with its breezy homes. Cherry Lane (a tribute to the original contest host) is lined with cherry trees and quaint cottages. The outdoorsman area is near the largest lake and is ideal for those who enjoy wooden homes and fishing. The mystical fairy community contains whimsical fantasy towers. And a special campground area for those with teleportation ability (and simoleons) allows your sim to feel secluded and privileged.

The homes are from Cherryberrybloo's 10x10 Home contest and my own 10x10 Ultimate Comfort Cabin contest along with a few donations. The community lots are a combination of donations, contest entries and my own creation. Several contests still need to be run to gather the remaining community lots and sims. Check out the Contests section of the forum if you'd like to enter one!

There will be two versions of the world, one that allows CC patterns for the original 10x10 homes (as those were the guidelines for that contest) and one that does not use any third party CC. Since the lots are the product of contests, the world has the same requirements as those events. Specifically, all EPs and SPs, Store content, T-Mobile content and Dr. Pepper content has been allowed.

For the most part, sculpting, road and lot placement have been completed. Since I still have several contests to run to finish filling in the world, it will be at least one month before I'm at the testing stage. I do get a little thrill from exporting it as is and playing with it in my live game.

This is my first world and, while it has sometimes been frustrating while learning how to use CAW, I've really enjoyed this experience. I've found out that I am not the best virtual sculptor, but I'm hoping to improve with time. There are some things I still don't know how to do or don't even know if they can be done, but I enjoy learning about creating worlds and already have plans for my next one.

I hope you'll keep dropping by and even participate in some of the contests that will determine the community lots used in the world!
Gouka
Gouka

http://magicallysimlicious.com

Back to top Go down

Serenity Point - 10x10 Gifting Forum World Empty Rabbit hole contest!

Post  Gouka Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:21 pm

The Serenity Point rabbit hole contest is going on right now! Check it out at: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/377938.page
Gouka
Gouka

http://magicallysimlicious.com

Back to top Go down