Sims Relations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sims Relations
Sims Relations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» A Fathers Love
Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:13 am by kayyield

» EA's Create A Sim Contest
Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:26 pm by kayyield

» Nightingale Resort
Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:55 pm by JourneyG

» Sky Legacy
Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:15 pm by Spiderg1rl

» ★Sarah3120's Stars & Fictional Characters★ *MOVES TO BLOG*
Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:52 am by Sarah3120

» The Oakly Legacy♥
Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

» Whos your Sim?
Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

» What are you working on?
Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:06 pm by Spiderg1rl

» ♥ Ellide's Sims ♥
Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 138 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sims Relations on your social bookmarking website

Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication

4 posters

Go down

Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  Empty Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication

Post  Mom2Elias Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Like the thread name guys? jocolor Yeah, I know, I'm a nerd. Wink

Anyway, before I start the architecture, I'd like some input from you two, LoveEvil and itguyinsc. Is there any features you'd like to be included before I begin that will help you with your phases?

Mom2Elias

Back to top Go down

Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  Empty Re: Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication

Post  itguyinsc Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:38 am

GREAT NAME!

Smile

Let me read the rules again and I'll post any ideas that may spontaneously occur!

flower
itguyinsc
itguyinsc

Back to top Go down

Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication  Empty Re: Mom/Love(s)/it Hotel Challenge Communication

Post  LoveEvil Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Very cheesy name. Laughing

I know you said in the other post about historic/traditional/classy design, depending on your design how about an arch as the enterance onto the lot?

https://simsrelations.forumotion.com/t134-nice-entrance

Not sure if it would fall under architecture or landscaping as it would not be part of the main building but thought it might add a classy look to the build. Just an idea anyhow. Wink

Other than that the only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be about the Pool and Jacuzzi - it doesn't say in the rules if they should be inside or outside? Maybe they might be best inside but if you want them outside just leave me enough room for them, I'll leave it up to you.

LoveEvil

Back to top Go down

Post  itguyinsc Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Ideas:
Indoor/ outdoor pool ( whisp did one in her dreamhouse for paulio)
Underground parking
Reference hotels like the "W" hotel, swiss hotel, the houstonian for ideas on style
Color palette with accent color
Let me know whether tradional, modern or something like coastal resort

These are just things that popped in my head. So excited to work with you two!

flower
itguyinsc
itguyinsc

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom2Elias Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:28 pm

I love the idea of an entry arch, LoveEvil! Looks pretty easy to do as well.

As for the pool, I love the idea of an indoor/outdoor format. Maybe we can make the outdoor part of the pool a swimmable pond? Maybe they can be connected via a swimmable "stream" with an arched bridge going across it? That would make a very pretty area for pictures and it would be functional. How much of this should I do though and how much should you do, LoveEvil? Obviously all the rocks and plants. I'll need to add the pool part because it needs to be constructed with the hotel building itself. Do you want to do the pond tool and then match the colors of the pool to the pond? Does that sound good?

Underground parking sounds great as well. I don't like the idea of having garage doors though. What about an open and elegant parking garage with an estate fence?

I really like the Houstonian Hotel style. I had also thought Grand Wailea in Maui with an lobby open to the outdoors with a bar and ponds. And maybe even a Fish Floor Pond in front of the concierge desk? See here: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=138550 But is that too restrictive in the locale? Do you want the hotel to be for the beach or for downtown? Or the country?

As for the hotels' color palette, I think it depends on what we decide on the above. If it's for the beach some nice light pale colors would be nice. For downtown a more somber seductive look like the Houstonian and for the country a mix of the two??

Let me know what you guys think.

Oh and btw the thread name was NOT intended to be the name of our hotel. LOL. I just needed a name for the thread and was being silly with our usernames.

Mom2Elias

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveEvil Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 am

Yeah no prob, I am ok with doing the pond thing. Not seen the Indoor/ outdoor swimmable pond thing before so will read up on it.

Fish Floor Pond sounds nice too. Cool

Don't mind if it's costal or set in town too.

LoveEvil

Back to top Go down

Post  itguyinsc Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:44 am

Hello Ladies! I'm back from vacation. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. HUGS Smile
itguyinsc
itguyinsc

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom2Elias Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Welcome back, itguy! I hope you had a fun and relaxing time! I'm still working on the architecture right now. I hope to get some time this weekend to finish it up, but I will probably need until the 15th, which is the architecture deadline anyway.

Do I post it on the Exchange when I'm done for you guys to take from there? Or is there another way to hand it on to you?

Mom2Elias

Back to top Go down

Post  itguyinsc Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:05 pm

scratch That's a great question. When Whisp, Flobobunny and I did a builder's challenge, I posted to the Exchange. I'm not sure if Whisp has another suggestion. I just labeled it "TEST" or something so others wouldn't be interested in downloading yet. Smile

Looking forward to seeing your creation flower
itguyinsc
itguyinsc

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperingtruth Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:52 pm

You can always upload it to an outside source as well, like mediafire. Very Happy
Whisperingtruth
Whisperingtruth

http://mywishcometrue7.blogspot.com/p/links-to-all-my-fantastic-

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom2Elias Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Whew! I'm finished with it! Yeah! I'm pretty proud of it too. I hope you guys are pleased with it. I'm ready to upload it to Media Fire, but I don't know how. Please help!

I will have special instructions for you guys in regard to some of the special features we talked about, but I'll post that when I have the link for you to download it. Very Happy

Mom2Elias

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom2Elias Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:33 am

NM! I figured it out! LOL. Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0wr0pwavs8smldt

I had to name it something so I just went with Hotel Debonair, but we can change that. Very Happy

Notes:

• I've placed a few items in each "room" so you know what I intended the room to be used for.
  • Each floor is different color flooring so I could take the pictures better.
  • IMPORTANT: For the Driveway, DO NOT TRY REPLACING THE FLOOR TILES. You can delete them and use ground paints, but if you try to put a different floor tile, it will undo the slant. Also the fence lining the drive and the valet curve is just to let you know how I was thinking. You don't have to keep that if you don't like it.
  • Also on the first floor, there is only one square area with flooring. I had to use columns in the garage to allow flooring there, but I deleted them so when replacing the flooring, don't delete it and then replace, but just place flooring over the existing square. Otherwise, you will need to put columns in the garage again. Razz
  • LoveEvil, as mentioned, you can build a pond around the outside pool. I also left a foundation for a Gazebo. I also created an accessible roof garden. Another possible wedding spot.
  • itguyinsc, I placed some windows to get some light in the building for photos and it get a general feel, but you can change them out how ever you like. I also did the same for doors. There are some that I know are ugh for the hotel. I just wanted to see where the best place to enter would be. Besides the roof garden, there are two conference rooms, one on the first floor with a "bridge" to the Gazebo and the other on the second floor. By the elevators in the back of the second floor is a triangular room that I thought would be perfect for a Dressing Room for the Bride to Be. Also I was thinking it would be nice to add the wall aquarium in the walls of the Office behind the counter in the lobby. The bar area in the restaurant is what I've been calling "The Pit". I'm sure the waiters would have called it that too. Very Happy
I think that's all I have for the moment, if I remember anything else, I'll post more. I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!!

So now on to you itguy!!!!

Mom2Elias

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveEvil Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:39 am

Welcome back itguyinsc & nice job on the build Mom2Elias Cool

I particularly like the indoor pond have not seen one of those before. I worked out how to change the tiles on the driveway without getting rid of the slope too, just add a row of the same in front of what is there then select the tile you want and then hold shift down and it will make them all the same. Smile

LoveEvil

Back to top Go down

Post  itguyinsc Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:36 am

Hi girls! Before I get started on the decor, I had a few questions:

1. Is the exterior of the building for me to choose or LoveEvil as part of landscaping?
2. Was there a minimum/maximum number of hotel rooms? I wasn't sure from rules.
3. Do you ladies like the Don Pedro stuff for interiors or have a suggestion for style?
itguyinsc
itguyinsc

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom2Elias Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:42 pm

@LoveEvil Awesome! I was really worried about that because it was the first thing I had to build. I'm glad you found a solution! I'm happy you liked it too! I took me longer than I thought, but I think that happens to me a lot. LOL.

@itguy 1) Exteriors...that's hard. I'm not what qualifies for what job (this is my first team build) and I second guessed my self on what I needed to do, like the Gazebo so I compromised and did the platform for it. LOL. Well, the exteriors need to flow into the interiors, esp with window placement, but it also needs to look good from the outside. So I'll let you two hash that one out. Razz

2) There was a minimum of 5 actual hotel rooms, which I made. Four are on the 3rd floor and one on the 4th floor. There also needed to be 1 conference room (I made 2 with a bonus area on the garden roof), a child play area (i did a small interior room and didn't know if we should have an enclosed outdoor one too? LoveEvil, what do you think?). It also need a bar/restaurant, a pool and a jacuzzi and gift shop. I included all of those plus an exercise room.

3) I like Pedro. I used it for the windows and some doors as I was playing around. It has a warm exotic look. But you can always mix and match. Maybe some leather couches with the fireplace and coffee table or whatever. I was kinda thinking along the lines of the Houstonian example you mentioned.

I hope that helps! Very Happy

Mom2Elias

Back to top Go down

Post  itguyinsc Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi girls!

If you guys would like to communicate through Google Talk, my id is scdesigner2003@gmail.com

This is a good way to share pics during the build or share other ideas since you can drag and drop the pics to the chat window.

LoveEvil, this is the slideshow of the "beginning" colors for the building. M2E gave me her feedback. Let me know what you think as well. HUGS!

https://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/scdesigner2003/Hotel%20Build/?albumview=slideshow

itguyinsc
itguyinsc

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveEvil Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Mom2Elias wrote:@LoveEvil Awesome! I was really worried about that because it was the first thing I had to build. I'm glad you found a solution! I'm happy you liked it too! I took me longer than I thought, but I think that happens to me a lot. LOL.

@itguy 1) Exteriors...that's hard. I'm not what qualifies for what job (this is my first team build) and I second guessed my self on what I needed to do, like the Gazebo so I compromised and did the platform for it. LOL. Well, the exteriors need to flow into the interiors, esp with window placement, but it also needs to look good from the outside. So I'll let you two hash that one out. Razz

2) There was a minimum of 5 actual hotel rooms, which I made. Four are on the 3rd floor and one on the 4th floor. There also needed to be 1 conference room (I made 2 with a bonus area on the garden roof), a child play area (i did a small interior room and didn't know if we should have an enclosed outdoor one too? LoveEvil, what do you think?). It also need a bar/restaurant, a pool and a jacuzzi and gift shop. I included all of those plus an exercise room.

3) I like Pedro. I used it for the windows and some doors as I was playing around. It has a warm exotic look. But you can always mix and match. Maybe some leather couches with the fireplace and coffee table or whatever. I was kinda thinking along the lines of the Houstonian example you mentioned.

I hope that helps! Very Happy

About the outdoor bar, I don't mind working one into it. What kind of setting were you thinking for the lot? Beach or town?

I like the pedro stuff too, I have all the store build/decor stuff itguyinsc so feel free to use whatever you need to as my game won't replace things. Smile

I like your choice of colours for the outside too itguyinsc, am glad you changed the colour of the roof too. lol.

LoveEvil

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom2Elias Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Yeah, originally I was going to have the lobby open, but decided against it, but yes, an outdoor bar/eatery would be awesome. Maybe near the pond/pool?

I just went with a "downtown" idea for the setting. I'd really like to try to do a coastal resort one sometime though. Although this could be put on a cliff off the coast, with the pedro and the exterior, itguy, came up with.

Mom2Elias

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down