Sims Relations

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sims Relations
Sims Relations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» A Fathers Love
Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:13 am by kayyield

» EA's Create A Sim Contest
Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:26 pm by kayyield

» Nightingale Resort
Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:55 pm by JourneyG

» Sky Legacy
Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:15 pm by Spiderg1rl

» ★Sarah3120's Stars & Fictional Characters★ *MOVES TO BLOG*
Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:52 am by Sarah3120

» The Oakly Legacy♥
Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

» Whos your Sim?
Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

» What are you working on?
Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:06 pm by Spiderg1rl

» ♥ Ellide's Sims ♥
Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm by CartWheelzOfRage

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 138 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sims Relations on your social bookmarking website

Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error

2 posters

Go down

Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error Empty Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error

Post  Gouka Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:04 pm

I receive the following error in CAW every time I update to a new expansion or stuff pack.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error Caw_error

This time I received it even after installing Generations game updates, uninstalling CAW and installing the newest version, giving CAW admin access as well as giving myself full access on all the associated folders/files.

I usually resolve the issue by enabled Large Address Aware which allows CAW to use more RAM. I feel like I've resolved it just with giving CAW admin access before, but that hasn't worked the last few times, so now it's LAA for me.

I've found the easiest program is Large Address Aware at Tech Power Up. The tutorial and download is located here. The MtS program doesn't recognize CAW, at least not for me. After downloading and extracting the executable, run it and select CAW.exe. Check the Large Address Aware Flag box and then click on Save. You should no longer get the error message when opening CAW. At least, it just fixed it for me! Hope this helps someone!
Gouka
Gouka

http://magicallysimlicious.com

Back to top Go down

Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error Empty Re: Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error

Post  Whisperingtruth Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:46 am

OMG! Gouka, I love you right now.

I have been depressed most of the evening because I went to work on my world and it had this error, and I thought I had lost my world and all the work I had done. I am going to try this now and see if it works. *crosses fingers*
Whisperingtruth
Whisperingtruth

http://mywishcometrue7.blogspot.com/p/links-to-all-my-fantastic-

Back to top Go down

Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error Empty Re: Troubleshooting CAW Read/Write Memory Error

Post  Whisperingtruth Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:56 am

Gouka!!!! It works it works it works!!! Thank you for posting this, thank you thank you thank you!!! I could kiss you right now! *smooch* Very Happy bounce sunny afro flower

You are... queen *I bow to your knowledge*

*BIG GIANT BEAR HUGS*

lol!
Whisperingtruth
Whisperingtruth

http://mywishcometrue7.blogspot.com/p/links-to-all-my-fantastic-

Back to top Go down

Post  Gouka Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm really glad I was able to help! Not that I want anyone else to experience errors, but it's nice to know this information was useful to someone. Very Happy I'm about to start a few general troubleshooting tips for the vague "did not save" error that EIG can give.
Gouka
Gouka

http://magicallysimlicious.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down